When God created us, He designed us for a unique purpose — one that is different from anyone else who has ever lived or ever will live. Our Life Purpose is who we are and who He created us to be.
- is individual and unique to each person
- includes who we are, what we do, and why we do it
- involves our relationship with God, ourselves, and others
- applies no matter our age or physical abilities
- can be fulfilled when alone or with others
- is assigned by God who lovingly designed and created us accordingly
Having a Life Purpose Statement that accurately reflects who we are is priceless and invaluable in every facet of our lives.
Knowing our Life purpose:
- gives clarity in setting goals and priorities
- provides direction and guidance in making decisions
- helps us evaluate our vocation, relationships, and activities
- relieves anxiety and frustration wondering if we’re on the right track.
- eradicates loneliness by filling our lives with meaning and connection with like-minded people
- affirms ways we are already living our purpose
- gives us vision and hope for the future
When people know their Life Purpose and consciously live it, they experience freedom, fulfillment, and contentment. They rarely struggle with loneliness, defeat, and discouragement, and usually only when they have momentarily lost sight of their life purpose.
The Difference between Purpose and Calling/Mission
Purpose. Calling. Mission. These words get thrown around and we don’t always know what they mean or how to differentiate between them. While our Purpose has more to do with who we are, our Calling or Mission has more to do with what we do. Our purpose is lifelong and doesn’t change. A calling or mission is God’s assignment for a specific period of time or to a certain group of people and could change numerous times throughout our lives.
How to Discover Your Life Purpose
Numerous resources exist for writing a Purpose Statement, and they differ in their approach and outcome. Many people get discouraged trying to navigate the process themselves. Or they end up with an inaccurate or incomplete statement and become misguided in their goals and disillusioned with their lives. Those who do manage to write an accurate statement will always benefit from coaching to assist them in forming a plan for living their purpose and discovering which steps to take next.
And that’s where a Purpose Coach who is trained in a systematic approach of listening and discerning is invaluable. After a two-hour Purpose Discovery Session you will walk away with a Life Purpose Statement to use in all aspects of your life for the rest of your life. You will follow up with your Purpose Coach after two weeks and work together on any necessary word changes to ensure your Purpose Statement most accurately reflects you. And then, if you so choose, you can continue meeting regularly with your Purpose Coach to discover the next steps to living your life on purpose!