Who We Are
Living Our Purpose was founded by Shari Baer and Fern Horst, who share not only the same paternal grandparents, but also a passion for living their God-given purpose and helping others to discover and live theirs. They are blessed to have a great team of Purpose Coaches who share their passion.
What We Do
Through one-on-one coaching and through various resources including courses, workshops, books, videos, and other materials, our goal is to work together with you to discover and live out the Life Purpose for which God strategically designed and created you. Our mission is to inspire, equip, and encourage you to thrive in your God-given freedom, identity, and purpose.
What We Believe
We believe that knowing our Life Purpose and having a concise one-sentence Life Purpose Statement that accurately reflects who God made us to be is invaluable in finding clarity in our lives. It helps us evaluate where we are presently, provides direction in moving forward, and gives us affirmation when living our purpose.
We believe that a Purpose Discovery Coaching Session with one of our trained Purpose Coaches is the most effective method to discovering your Life Purpose. Our Purpose Coaches are trained to ask strategic questions and listen carefully as they work with you to discover and write your Life Purpose Statement.
We believe that regular and on-going Purpose Coaching equips you to not only move forward in your Life Purpose but to also thrive in it. While a counselor helps you work through your past, and a consultant teaches you his or her methods for achievement, your Purpose Coach will help you define the best path forward for you. By working together with you to discover that unique path and which steps to take next, your Purpose Coach will walk alongside you and become a valuable support in achieving your life goals based on your life purpose.
Our Faith Statement
We want you to know that agreement in faith is not a requirement to coaching with us. We desire to serve anyone who wishes to discover and live their life purpose! But it is only appropriate that you know our faith beliefs if you choose to coach with us. We and all members of our coaching team are followers of Jesus Christ and believe the following:
- We believe in one God who is Creator and Sustainer of all, and that He is sovereign, benevolent, and redemptive in all He does.
- We believe that God is also three in one — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that as our Father He loves us more than we can comprehend, and because of that immense love — not anything we can do to earn it — He sent His Son Jesus to die for us.
- We believe that Jesus, fully human and fully divine, came to earth as a baby born to a virgin. He lived, died, was buried and raised back to life, gaining victory over death and providing abundant and eternal life for all who believe in Him. Jesus’ physical form then returned to Heaven while His presence, the Holy Spirit, remained here on earth.
- We believe the Holy Spirit lives continually within those who surrender themselves in full trust to Jesus, and empowers, guides, teaches, counsels, and comforts us in all aspects of life.
- We believe that all those who believe in Jesus make up His Body here on earth, the Church, and that as His Body we have a responsibility to encourage, teach, and serve each other and the world around us.
- We believe that God inspired the writers of the Holy Bible in order to reveal Himself to us, and we depend on the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit to be our reliable and faithful guides in all of life.
- We believe God designed and created each person for a specific purpose that begins from the moment of conception and continues throughout eternity. Our purpose brings glory to Him and much good to ourselves and others. Our faith compels us to discover and live our purpose in anticipation of hearing His words, “Well done, good and faithful servant! You were faithful over a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share My joy!”